We wish to thank the 344 Member and Vendor attendees present at the 2014 Equity Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL on October 28-29, 2014. Preliminary survey results indicate this meeting was very productive for all. Thank you for your support!
The 2015 meeting will be held in Atlanta, GA at the Westin Peachtree Plaza ($159/night Member & Vendor discount cost) on Tuesday, October 13th - Wednesday, October 14th, 2015. Click here for the schedule of events. Plan on arriving Monday afternoon/evening, October 12th, as we will hold a reception that evening. The meeting concludes at 11:30 AM on Wednesday, October 14th, 2015.
The cornerstone value of our meeting is to provide members and vendors with networking opportunities. Please review the following meeting highlights and comments from past attendees:
Member Networking Meetings: Members of similar business mix and size met in a private room to share ideas, best practices and build lasting relationships:
- Joanne Utecht, General Manager, Winnick Supply / Lake Forest, MN: "It is nice to discuss issues with people with the same type of business. It is nice to know that we are all in a similar boat."
- Vidal Cantu, Purchasing Manager, Clarck Hardware, LTD., / Laredo, TX: "The Network Meetings are the best part of the meeting. I got to really discuss issues in our area and share ideas and work on mutual deals together."
- Fritz Steck, President, Winthrop Supply, Indianapolis / IN: "The fact that these were now familiar faces allowed the group to be much more interactive this year."
- Jim Phares, Owner, Parts Unlimited, Fairfax / VA: "Information shared by others that our company can use to better serve our customers".
- John Carter, Manager, Sierra Plumbing Supply, Grass Valley / CA: "Outstanding opportunity to communicate and share with other members. Extremely worthwhile!"
Member / Supplier One-On-One Meetings: Prescheduled meetings provide members an opportunity to establish and enhance relationships with key supplier executives, discuss new business opportunities or review open issues:
- Kyle Van Horne, Purchasing Agent, Brown's Partsmaster, Inc. / Glendale, AZ: "Always good to put names with faces, and create contacts while exploring new business areas."
- Tommy Honeycutt, President, Tolar Supply / Fayetteville, NC: "Vendors were amazed at our growth as a group and want to make sure they keep us competitive."
- Wayne Stearns, Co-Owner, Sterns Supply Center / North Vernon, IL: "Enjoyed meeting several National Sales Managers like Chuck Schwabe with Liberty Pumps, and the Owner Randy Waldron."
Show Specials: 75 suppliers offered Show Special promotions that included extra discounts and/or extended dating terms.
Please mark your calendar and save the date. We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!
Zac Weleski, Purchasing Agent, Interstate Pipe & Supply Co. / Butler, PA: "The Show Specials are hands down amazing. It for sure made the trip even more worth it. I have already sent in over 25 purchase orders."
Dan Hill, Secretary, Standard Supply Company / Portland, OR: "I love the once a year opportunity to make some additional margin. It gives us items to promote on our quarterly flyers."
John Green, President, New York Replacement Parts / Yonkers, NY: "I placed over $400,000 in Show Special orders and saved about $25,000. I also have received tremendous response from the One-On-One Meetings with manufactures, which will lead to even greater savings."